Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation | Se Habla Español

Text Us Now

PLEASE NOTE: To protect your safety in response to the threats of COVID-19, we are offering our clients the ability to meet with us in person, via telephone or through video conferencing. Please call our office to discuss your options

Dedicated To Protecting Your Rights, Your Finances And Your Family

What If My Workers’ Compensation Claim Is Denied?

As the victim of an injury at work, you could be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. If your claim was recently denied, you might be wondering what’s next on your path to recovery. While a claim denial can feel like a major blow to your ability to get back to work, you still have options for recovery.

In fact, you can still have success in obtaining benefits by appealing your claim. To do this, you should speak with an attorney today. At The Sexton Law Firm, we have more than 15 years of experience fighting for the rights of injured workers. We understand why claims are denied and how to work within the system to get you the benefits you need.

Discover Reasons For Your Claim Denial

To help you understand the system, let’s outline why claims are denied and when an appeal is possible. Here are three common reasons your claim could be denied:

  1. You did not report your injury on time. In California, you have 30 days from the date of your injury to report it to your employer.
  2. Your employer disputes your claim. Your employer might try to say your injury was the result of your own actions or negligence and not their responsibility. You can appeal your claim to tell your side of the story again.
  3. You didn’t seek medical treatment. Seeing a doctor for your injury creates a record of your treatment. Without a record of injury or treatment, you may be unable to prove your claim.

An Appeal Is Possible With Our Help

If your workers’ compensation claim was denied, take action today. A lawyer gives you a voice in the system by helping you tell your story to your employer and the court. Get started now with a free consultation regarding your right to recovery at our offices located in Chula Vista and Oceanside. Call now at 619-678-1833 or send an email.

Se habla español.