Oceanside Personal Injury Lawyers
The Sexton Law Firm in Oceanside Can Help You Get the Compensation You Deserve
When you are injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, you are entitled to take action to protect your rights and ensure your fair compensation. At The Sexton Law Firm, our Oceanside personal injury attorneys are ready to help you fight for your rights in the wake of an accident. Our team is prepared to take on the insurance companies and other entities that might try to deny you the compensation you deserve.
When you hire our firm, we will work as your legal team, advocating for you and your interests.
To learn more about what we can do for you, call (619) 202-8976 today.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury is a legal term that refers to harm that is done to a person's body, mind, or finances due to the negligence of another party. Personal injuries can be caused by car accidents, slip and fall incidents, defective products, dog bites, workplace accidents, and more.
These injuries can be very serious and life-changing, which is why you should never try to go it alone. Our team is here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Is Wrongful Death?
If a person dies due to the negligence of another party, their surviving family members may be eligible for wrongful death damages. Wrongful death is a personal injury claim that is filed on behalf of the deceased person's estate and family members.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim?
If you have been injured due to another party's negligence, you may be entitled to take legal action to seek compensation. You will have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury claim in the state of California. The statute of limitations in California is two years from the date of the accident, but this time limit can be extended in certain cases.
If you have been injured and have questions about filing a personal injury claim, we are here to help. Call (619) 202-8976 today.
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injuries?
The most common types of personal injuries are:
- Car accidents: More than 5.4 million people are injured in car accidents every year (NSC). Many of these accidents are caused by another driver's negligence. If you are injured in a car accident due to another driver's negligence, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
- Slip and fall accidents: Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common types of personal injuries. These accidents are caused when a person slips on a wet or otherwise dangerous surface and fall due to the negligence of another party.
- Defective products: Defective products can cause serious personal injuries. When a product is defective and causes harm to a person, it may be eligible for a personal injury claim.
- Dog bites: Dog bites can cause serious and even fatal injuries. If you are bitten by a dog and injured due to the owner's negligence, you may be eligible for compensation.
- Workplace accidents: Workers are often injured due to the negligence of their employers. In these cases, you may be eligible for a workers' compensation claim and a personal injury claim. Workers' compensation claims are filed by workers, while personal injury claims are filed by injured individuals.
Why Choose The Sexton Law Firm?
Choosing the right personal injury attorney is critical to the success of your case. At The Sexton Law Firm, we bring years of experience and a deep commitment to our clients' needs.
- Experience: Our attorneys have a proven track record of successfully handling a wide range of personal injury cases.
- Personal Attention: We believe in providing personalized attention to each of our clients. We take the time to understand your situation, answer your questions, and keep you informed throughout the process.
- No Fees Unless We Win: We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don't pay us unless we win your case.
How Our Oceanside Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help
The Sexton Law Firm will fight tirelessly for your rights. Our personal injury attorneys in Oceanside can help:
- Investigate Your Claim: We will thoroughly investigate your case, gather evidence, and establish liability.
- Calculate Damages: We will calculate the full extent of your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Negotiate With Insurers: We will handle all negotiations with the insurance companies, ensuring you get the fair compensation you deserve.
- Represent You in Court: If necessary, we are prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights.
We Listen to Your Story and Create a Strategy to Achieve Your Goals
With offices in Chula Vista, Oceanside, and La Mesa, we serve clients throughout all of Southern California
We Offer Free Consultations - Regardless of the Legal Matter
We Offer Phone and Video Consultations For Your Safety and Convenience
We Are Bilingual and Serve Our Clients in English and Spanish
We Are a Family Owned and Operated Law Firm